2018-04-25

Fall Of The West Reason 4959686

A pair of disheartening stories where freedom of speech and expression are concerned.

Well, for starters the classless idiot professor won't be disciplined for her childish remarks about Barbara Bush. Fresno should be proud of her. Look her up on youtube. You'll know what I mean.

Anyway. Forget about that shit.

Sirius goes totes woke like Starbucks.

Sirius XM fired Nick DiPaolo for a distasteful tweet. You can support the most murderous of ideologies and nothing will happen to you. Make one bad Tweet while being conservative and you're out. I really don't see what a Tweet has to do with his show to the extent this was the reason for his dismissal. She made her play (she advocates for violence by the way) and he made his. Move on. To me, this was an over reaction.

As a subscriber, I'm quite irritated by it. So much so I wrote to voice my displeasure and canceled the radio portion of my subscription. I will consider the other part soon.

The problem is terrestrial radio (with the exception of a couple of shows) is a cess pool of political correct rubbish and banal personalities. I can't go back.

The sad thing is I viewed Sirius as a sort of refuge for the free speech diaspora.

I was sadly mistaken and this is quite unfortunate.

I may just sign up for podcasts of my favourite radio personalities. Why pay $20.99 a month if they're gonna fire the shows you invest time in?

Fuck it.

****

Hank Azaria too is woke now. In the wake of some guy's sensitive concerns about the stereotyping of Apu on The Simpsons, Azaria feels:

"I've given this a lot of thought, and as I say my eyes have been opened," he said. "I think the most important thing is to listen to Indian people and their experience with it."
After all these years working on an animated satire show his 'eyes opened'? Really? 
Who's next Fat Tony? Krusty? Mayor Quimby? Cletus? Willy? Uter? 

I really hope Joe Mantegna doesn't agree with Hank.

I wonder if Hank feels the same way the way liberals (predictably and without much wit) constantly mock Christians and Christianity? 
"I really want to see Indian, South Asian writers in the writers room… including how [Apu] is voiced or not voiced. 
Okay Hank. Would you be open to letting in rednecks for Cletus? Scots for Willy and Italians for Fat Tony? Let's have everyone represented and be all diversey!
"I'm perfectly willing and happy to step aside, or help transition it into something new. 
"It not only makes sense, it just feels like the right thing to do to me."

Here's the thing. Of all the characters on The Simpsons, Apu is actually the most productive. He owns store and is a patriotic American who in one episode even offered Lisa some spiritual guidance.

There's little to be upset about when it comes to Apu. He's a great character and it's a shame Hank caved to this like he did.

So long. You've lost the plot. On a show that seemed to be wavering around aimlessly, the last thing they need is Azaria going politically correct.

Do these two (the guy who complained and Azaria who seem to be the only two people who suddenly have an issue with it) guys even listen to how puerile they sound? It's a FUCKEN CARTOON character. Get over yourselves guys.

If Azaria's woke ways catches on, watch out, someone will have to apologize for Merrie Melodies.

I wonder if this could reinvigorate the show. If not, it may be time to wind it down before its legacy is damaged by the SJW virus.

What a shame. The Simpsons was the gold standard and has become an intricate part of popular culture giving viewers some of the most memorable scenes in television history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.