2011-04-12

Ignatieff Is Right

Roll back payroll taxes!

Too expense. I have to tack on an extra .16% on the hourly wage. For start ups, that's an extremely expensive proposition. For example, if I have to pay someone $15 an hour it actually costs me something closer to $17. And that's not including woker's compensation through CSST.

It's worse for businesses in manufacturing and resources. A friend of mine (from my hockey pool)  is a CFO of multi-million dollar resource company and he was telling me a $23 wage costs hims $36.

Fronting that kind of money means I have less to PUT INTO THE BUSINESS. The quicker I put it back into the business, the more rapidly I can hire thus increasing the speed of stabilizing the business. Once done, I can then work on paying debts back. At which point, I can look to open a SECOND business. More employment for the economy.

But I'm raped up front. This means the length of time to recover is drawn out.

It's not rocket science. It really isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.