2013-11-26

Another Day, More Obamacare Concerns

This is getting weirder and weirder. The monstrosity that is Obamacare.

***

Does Obamacare take away HSA?

Looks like millions of people - who liked their plans - will be collateral damage.

***

I was thinking about the specious notion pimped out by progressives - including the President - defending Obamacare that 'people losing their plans didn't have good ones to begin with.' As I ready myself to change the 'pneus' (tires) on my 4x4, I saw an opportunity for an analogy.

Basically, it's this. The Quebec government decided to force people to have winter tires by law or face fines a few years back. Suddenly, perfectly adequate four season tires were no longer allowed. The reason I remain angered and opposed to it is (aside from the preventative BS and likely scamming going on) that I got excellent traction on my four seasons because I own a truck. But apparently, I had dangerous tires and I didn't know it despite having gone through five winters with it without as much as losing control of my vehicle.

It was a one-size fits all law designed to make the responsible majority pay for the few irresponsible in our society. Now, I find myself in a situation to go and buy tires every few years.

Needless to say, I plan to buy them in the USA. This year I managed to get a wicked good deal because I think Quebec businesses understand you can't charge $1200 when I can go to Plattsburgh and get a set installed for $650. By pure luck, I got a similar price quoted and went with it.

Anyway. Point is, people who condescend to the point of telling others what they have (based on rational choices and experiences) is invalid can go suck a lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.