2014-11-17

Limits On Free Speech

I discovered Marc Randazza years ago and took an immediate liking to his creative, no-nonsense approach to law. He's like the Franklin & Bash of law on the internet.

I was waiting to do a write up about limits to free speech to counter the impression I'm for all speech.

Well, sorta. You're getting the picture why I waited. It's still a little messed up in the head to jot down coherently on paper.

Randazza to the rescue. This example shows exactly how I think about the matter.

If you're going to be a dick, stand by your words and don't hide behind censorship or the 1st amendment. Own your words. More importantly, don't try and legally threaten people using this dick tactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.