2010-04-16

Nanny State Knows All

Heard a New Democrat Party (NDP) member on the radio say something roughly sounding like, "we're against privatization of any kind and want a 100% public health system."

This after someone had just called in and reasonably said, "I like private MRI clinics. It was covered by my company insurance and I enjoyed the experience. If I can afford it why should it be denied to me?"

EXACTLY.

If the NDPer had a chance to respond he would have said, "Are you some sort of right-wing nut who doesn't have a heart?"

What-evah. Talk to the hand, broth-ah.

I can't believe we live in a time where we're coerced and badgered into a one-size fits all philosophical framework in the best interest of the collective. I don't believe it's right or fair. Have a public system but if people want private options LET THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.