2010-04-26

More Annoying Assertions: It'll Become A Habit So Chill

What's the big deal? Why are people complaining? So what if they have to bring their own bags to grocery stores and pay a nickel? We're changing habits - not sure to what ends - but it's all good we're sure. I pay the nickel or dime each time. I have a problem with using reusable bags when I buy chicken and they don't use those little plastic bags for meat anymore.

It'll become a habit. Fuck I hate sentence.

No fucking kidding it'll become a habit. We're creatures, for the most part, of habit! Which is why the state and corporations love to prey on that little genetic glitch.

It's one thing for people to carelessly say such things but when I hear politicians and so-called intellectual pundits saying it....fumes from my ears.

Just because something becomes a habit doesn't mean the premise that led to the change was the correct one.

Gang de'cris de moutons.

7 comments:

  1. I keep the reuseable bags in my car. I usually forget to bring the things into the store with me. My absent mindedness is my habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. We always have to go back to the car/jeep to get them.

    Well, my chick does. I couldn't be bothered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one better try to take my disposable, free-from-the-store, plastic grocery bags away!

    Oh, hell, they are trying, aren't they? Dammit!

    Well, I guess it's time for my crusading Free Plastic Grocery Bags Forever post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on boys, when I was young we all had grocery, no, shopping bags. They came in all sizes, materials and colors. Some 30 years ago the SAQ sold sturdy cotton bags with three convenient bottle slots on one side and space for large bottles. I still have it and the cashiers, the older ones, marvel at how well it came through the years; the younger ones, often younger than the bags, spot the logo and say "Why it has our logo on", and I explain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not huffy about it either way. Althoug I wonder where all my nickels go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well for one, at my local IGA, they are turned over to Earth Day, last year alone 1 million bucks from the chain (Sobey's).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then it's wasted.

    ;<)

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.