2012-09-27

Shocker: Contempt Of Court Charge Against Student

Whoever that student is good for him or her.

You still have to account for your actions Mr. Nadeau-Dubois. Once your actions impede the rights of other people, you have to answer for it.

That's liberty. If not, you have coercion.

And I personally don't buy "it was an opinion" line.

He was the militant face of the student protest.

***

I was thinking about this the other day. Clearly, I don't much sympathize with "free" education because it's not free. To suggest that it is is to basically say I owe the money to society for its "benefit."

Nothing in life is free. And I mean nothing. I see little value in my money being exprorpiated (redistributed) to students like Nadeau-Dubois. I never agreed with student unions when I was in school and I certainly don't respect unions of any kind as I grow older. My values aren't his and one isn't better than the other. So why should his vision prevail?

By all means, make education a ward of the state using tax dollars. Just don't expect me to support it. Unfortunately, being the imperfect democracy we live in, I may just have to be coerced into it.

My wife and I have invested in RESPs for my daughter from the day she was born. This plan will pretty much cover the costs of education in the future. The government and financial institutions have been educating people for over 15 years that the trend in education costs were increasing.

Is it my fault people don't plan for it?

Personally, I hope my daughter is bright and independent enough to never fall into the left-wing "red square" crowd. The best I can do is to yank her out of the public school system as soon as possible, put her in a very good private school and ship her to the States, out West or Ontario because there are no jobs in stagnant Quebec; especially for bright, entrepreneurial, multilingual people. Heck, a struggling USA is probably offers better prospects than Quebec.

Plus, I can't digest the PQ anymore.

***

Speaking of the PQ.

I didn't know J-F "Corrective Measures" Lisee was in charge of Anglos.

Gee. Let's ghettorize "les maudits Anglais!"

We did so well with Indian Affairs.

/wanking motion.

INT. DAY. Politician's office. T.C. sits on a chair with bread crumbs scattered around his feet as a dim light shines on his face. Lisee smokes as he listens.

T.C.: Thank you Master Angloman for taking the time to listen to my concern. I understand they may come as trivial in this most elegant of democracies but I nonetheless feel compelled to voice them.

Lisee: By all means, go on. We're hear to listen to our friends. You have one minute and you must then switch to French. It's only right you know.

T.C.: Much thank you. Thank you so much. My first request is if we could ease off the divisive language rhetoric. From where I sit, I don't see much of an issue until you guys go on the attack.

Lisee: Oh. Yeah. Hm. I'm gonna go with a no on that. Anything else?

T.C.: Ok. What about then, calling off the OLF hounds? I mean, does it not degrade the civil liberties of a minority group?

Lisee: Hm. Good question. But no can do.

T.C.: How about some funding for...

Lisee (nods).

T.C: Let's see...

Lisee: Time's up.

Points to sign. Parle moi en francais.

T.C.: I guess my time is up.

Lisee: Quoi?

T.C.: Right. Good-bye.

Lisee: I'll let that slide...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.