2010-03-23

Let's Celebrate!

Oh, the things you learn about where you live.

I received in the mail a letter from the Quebec government - Ministere de 'Education du Loisir et du Sport -  A "Declaration D'Admissibilite a l'enseignement en anglais."

Translation: We, the state, permit you (in a free society we provide to you), to send your daughter to english school. Enjoy it while it lasts because by the time Bill 104 is enacted, we trust we will once and for all rid us the problem of English schools and treating you like equal citizens. Thanks for the taxes by the way. Have a nice day.

It's a certificate of eligibility.

Gee, thanks. I shouldn't complain - as many nationalists say - it could be worse. I could be French and have no choice as dictated in Bill 101.

In the meantime, we're going to celebrate and have pizza and praise the government's kindness for allowing us to send our child to English school.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you man, I certainly did not have that psossibilty for my own children although they all went to English CEGEPs and to McGill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that "bug" you that you didn't have the option?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did bug me but I was totally and absolutely ineligible both the wife and I having been schooled in French from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.