2009-01-13

It's Hard Being Canada

I know this may upset some people, but Canada stood with Israel over at the UN humans rights council this week.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. Here's why.

One, it shows leadership and that Canada is willing to take important, if not unpopular decisions.

Two, seriously. Have you seen who sits on the council? It's a freak show. Cuba? Pakistan? China? Saudi Arabia?

Yes. Such models on human rights. A beacon for us all to follow.

Russia, Brazil and China were for a motion to strongly condemn Israel. Stop laughing already. While Britain and France (not surprisingly given their own domestic Muslim issues) along with Japan and South Korea abstained.

Anyway, I'm just shocked Canada went this way. Now about the Arctic...

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had seen this before I wrote on the UN yesterday. "Have you seen who sits on the council? It's a freak show" might win my quote of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.