2009-01-31

Anarchy And Liberty

Not, that I ever contemplated anarchism in any meaningful manner but I do think it's a misunderstood "ism." In my typically simplistic approach, anarchists don't advocate lawlessness. Rather, they don't accept government sanctioned coercion.

Sounds good to me.

Here's a site I discovered thanks to Skeptical Eye (link in sidebar) called Strike the Root. The site may be overboard for the more mild-mannered among you. If you work in a bank or are in love with Obama this is not the place for you - unless you want to be introduced to another world. In some cases it borders on paranoia (I think) and leaves itself open to conspiracy theories but overall it posit fair questions. Get in touch with you inner-anarchist/libertarian.

An article titled, "I don't support the troops" should get your mental juices going.

One line I relate to, "That cop behind the radar gun is the thin line between order and all out, Mad Max-style war of all against all." I do have a problem with cops hiding at every corner ready to pinch you. These days, the police force is out to "get you." This is not paranoia. I drive on the streets a lot; more than the average person. It's absurd how many cops I see setting up traps. Go serve and protect; do something! Instead, they set up for the most mild of infractions. They often say it's a way of keeping you "honest." But is it the police forces job to make us "civilized" on the roads? I would argue no. My personal favorite is, "don't break the law." Well, you know, what" Too many people are getting lynched for driving five kilometers over the speed limit. I've no problem with going after reckless assholes but to stop people for crossing on a solid line in the middle of rush hour is full of shit in my opinion.

Another line about cops:

"The job description for cops is to infringe upon people’s rights. Sure, occasionally they’ll help someone out, but most of the time they just serve to harass the public. I have a question: how many little (and some big) infringements on people’s rights does it take before one can rightfully “defend” oneself against the police?"

Brave guy. Especially considering the new elevated status civil servants have since 9/11.

The site tackles the concept and issue of leadership. While I partake in political discussions (in other words, give into the machine) I've always been skeptical and suspicious of leaders. A leader is only as strong as the system that produces them - and lemme tell ya, I'm not impressed by the system. To me politicians, are over rated narcissists. I listen to them and wonder if it's true if this is the best we've got.

I think the real smart people stay clear of politics. Honorable people don't enter it because they know their honor and integrity will be tried and tested if not destroyed. Politics takes you into the epicenter of power and with it human flaws and vices.

That's not to say intelligent people who mean well don't give it a try. There are plenty of people that fit this description. But to make it at the top, means you need to be driven to the point of obsession. You need to play the snake game.

I'll stop here lest I sound absurd.

But I'll escape this post with a great quote I read on the CBC website, "the hatred towards Bush was overrated and we knew the love for Obama was highly overrated, as well."

All I know is that I never really listened or took seriously any superior in my life.

Does that make me an anarchist?


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/01/2009

    Should we all be angels and highly responsible and respectful of one another, I would go for anarchy. However since we live in not caught, didn't steal society, I'll keep the cop behind the radar for some time still. If you drive a lot, you must have noticed all those red taillights brightening at the site of a police cruiser, no?
    Paul Costopoulos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I have. Luckily I've escaped. Asking drivers do 50 on the 40 service road is insane. The way people come off the highway and those trying to merge into it makes it hard. You need to do at least 70 in that zone. But there they are nailing people who just finished doing 110 for doing 60.

    It's funny, I sometimes agree with your first sentence.

    But I don't know if we need to be "angels" per se. We need to realize there's more to be gained by being cooperative and responsible with one another.

    I think we have it in us. It's just that Leviathan has probably conditioned to believe we need government to keep us civil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/01/2009

    Well yes our traffic rules are sometimes ridiculous. I know when trying to stay within legal limits you are a public danger. Even to turn into my driveway, I have to turn my emergency flashers the only way to avoid being rear ended even when signaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've subscribed to Saudi Aramco. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/01/2009

    True, if we were all angels ... but we are not, so the police is a necessary evil.

    A very good post, and very well written.

    I have to say that police here is not sadistic, doesn't harass much on the road, being good-natured (and much lazier).

    Problem being, it doesn't harass (or checks much) either elsewhere, where the real crooks are, which is not good at all.

    It is one of the public or bureaucratic things that doesn't work, while the so-called 'civil society' here (non state society, the people, the entrepreneurs etc.) is something much more modern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2/01/2009

    I'm thinking about this Leviathan thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, I don't agree with the writer in the link about astronauts and draft dodgers. DD's are not heroes. They dress their selfish acts as though they're "independent" thinkers with a conscience. Nonsense.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.