2009-01-09

Adventures With My GPS

I received a GPS system this Christmas. My initial thought was "Great, more wires." Once I got over the fear of connecting and hooking yet another piece of tech machinery we apparently can't live without, I figured this can probably be useful. I was disappointed. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a Luddite.

I was thoroughly disappointed when 'Mandy' kept ordering me around with dubious directions:

Mandy: "Keep left for a quarter-mile then turn right."

Me: "What? I think it's better if I don't."

Mandy: "Turn right!"

Me: "Don't use that tone with me."

Mandy: "TURN RIGHT!"

Me: "Sheesh. You sound like my wife."

Arrives at destination.

Mandy: "You have arrived at your destination."

Me: "No thanks to you. Make me dinner."

Mandy: "System and car will self-destruct in five, four..."

Anyway, how can you listen to a GPS while listening to music? I prefer to exercise my mind.

And please, don't buy me a Blackberry next year. Not interested.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/09/2009

    hi friend! nice blog U got here..would U mind if we xlinks? pls let me know..tnx =)

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.