2010-10-29

Classic Films

Joseph Cotton is one of those "I can't believe he's not in the Hall" type of actor. Rush, Andy Kim, Ron Santo...those types.

Shadow of a Doubt (1943) is Hitchcock in American form. Great flick. I love character, plot driven films.

It never ceases me to amaze me how many Canadians appear in Hollywood films either in major or minor roles. Hume Cronyn starred as "Herbie" in this one. Another one of those, "hey, I know that guy!" actors. He's not as memorable as Michael Ironside but hey...

4 comments:

  1. Great film, and one of my all time favorites! One of my favorite Hitchcock films, too, of course (I'm a major Hitchcock fan).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a great movie. It went by like that.

    Big Hitchcock fan, eh?

    I was more familiar with the later AH's like Vertigo and North By Northwest. Lately, I've been catching those from the 40s. I guess the British ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been catching those from the 40s. I guess the British ones.

    Actually, the British ones are pre-World War Two. From 1939 Hitchcock's feature films were American, until his return to England to make the 1972 release Frenzy late in his career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Thanks.

    Come to think of it, yeah, I remember seeing G-B (1933) for example.

    What's the main difference between the American Hitchcock and British one - if any?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.