2011-03-14

Manning Being Tortured

The war against Wikileaks is absurd. A war in which governments won't win so long as free-thinking people exist. It's as simle as that.

SE beat me to it, but this piece by Greenwald (who by now is standard reading for me whenever I get a free moment) shows the direct disconnect between what Obama says (as most leaders) and what he does. That Bradley Manning is being tortured is depraved and falls on Obama's head. He who laughably holds a Nobel Peace prize. He who by so many articles and assumptions had the power to galvanize the world.

So much for that.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/17/2011

    Depressingly, I have to agree with you.

    What Obama has said he stood for, I (almost unfailingly) support.

    What Obama has actually done -- or rather not done -- embarrasses me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He strikes me as a capable politician but as a leader less so.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.