2011-03-11

It's Just An Illusion

Duh.

Man, I learned this a loooong time ago. It's how I came to decide to take on a project under capitalized in an industry I knew nothing about. Better than sitting through a lameass interview given by a turn sandwich. No?

"After I have been downsized, I realize every significant professional advancement in my life has been totally random, a result of dumb luck, and had little to do with whether or not I could do actually the job. In fact, at most jobs that I have held, whether or not one can do the job seems to have little bearing on whether or not one has the job. I think maybe this is because the interview process is deeply flawed. That it focuses on abstractions and a piece of paper. That it has nothing to do with who you really are."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.