2010-07-26

Sketches Of Delaware: People Are Not My Thing

I discovered something about myself today. Or at least, confirmed a long-standing suspicion. Namely that I don't live well amongst a pack of people. It's not much of a surprise given how much I hate crowds of any kind - except a good orgy. Then something "happens" to me.

I'm staying in a lovely, spacious condo (spacious enough to house four families/14 people) with my family here in Delaware. Our neighbour is a Congressman familiar with our Quebec politicians. In fact, his great grandparents hail from La Beauce. He didn't tell me. He told my sister. Who cares, he's not the point of this post - though he does maintain a lovely (that's two lovely's in one sitting) basil and hot peppers plant.

The point of this blog is, as usual, about me. Here's the bloody thing. I'm usually ready to leave for the beach at 9am. However, just as I'm ready to leave there's always someone that comes in at the last second and asks for me to wait for them. Next thing I know it's 10:bloody:30am and I'm pissed. Of course, then I'm told to "relax" since we're on "vacation." I didn't realize vacation including wasting time waiting for someone to make their bloody sandwiches.

It's the same thing when I want to leave the beach. I pack my two appendages (wife and daughter) along with the chairs and other crap you bring to the beach because we want to get on with our lives and next thing I know, the others who were just seconds before in the water, want to leave as well and for some odd reason I have to wait because that's the way my wife was brought up.

So I sit chin in jaw mumbling sweet precious useless swear words to myself that help no one. I watched a stupid dumb ass girl get right in the way of someone trying to take a timely picture of his son playing in the sand. I wanted to ask him if he wanted her "be taken care of" her thoughtlessness pissed me off so much.

2pm turns into 2:30pm.

30 minutes less to drive around aimlessly from outlet to outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.