2010-07-25

I'd Like To Teach The World To Harmonize

It all looks so impressive. On a dime I can go to a Brazilian, Afghan, Peruvian, Vietnamese, or Ethiopian restaurant; in addition to Thai, Portuguese and the usual Italian, Greek, Chinese, French suspects. To name but a few.

One can conclude we truly are harmonizing our cultures. Yet, when one considers the strength of nationalism at the cultural level, and economic protectionism and tight border controls at the political level, the argument becomes less persuasive. We have more than we did in the past and people are traveling and learning more but are we reall "harmonizing?"

Geez, sometimes here in Quebec I wonder if it's 1946 it becomes so insular at times.

I need more proof.

***

Coke sure knew how to tap into that pulse. I wonder if they were the first to play this game:



I wonder how many of those people were stoned that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.