2010-07-31

I'm Back From Planet Claire

I just got back from Rehoboth beach and now I'm back where I belong (aside from the institution on the other side of town) in front of my computer proper writing for a blog filled with pathetic pomposity.

Let's see.

Oh. Got through the border without a hassle. The border guard asked a few trick questions but I got him good. Like, "where do you come from" I knew this time not to say Planet Claire where the air is pink, the trees are red and no one dies because nobody has a...head!



Actually, the guy asked us what we did for a living. Which was a first. I pointed, "the girl back there speaking in strange tongue is a teacher...teacher of the occult" and I - pointing to myself with a thumb painted yellow - I am an engineer. I built that bridge up ahead. I'm the one who said Thousand Islands should charge $2.50 at par for both Americans and Canadians because it's the right thing to do."

What else did he ask? He wanted to know the most expensive thing I bought. I told him the kid sitting and stewing with a slightly skewed head perpetually pointing North East didn't come cheap. Picked her up at Carter's.

Finally, he had enough of me and sent me and my tax savings on my free way. At which point I yelled out the window, "fack you, fack you! Suckers me buy lots tings and now you can't stop me! Fack you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.