2009-11-10

Soap Shortages Threaten Me; Struggling To Find A Poppie

A couple of things.

One, today I was in a public washroom (shutters) and there was a government poster reminding me to wash my hands to avoid all sorts of diseases including H1N1. I thought to myself what kind of person animal doesn't wash their hands stinking paws after releasing liquid from the loaf? I reached for the soap and it was...empty. It freaked me out but I managed to find some elsewhere.

Anyway, soap shortages shouldn't be tolerated. I'm going to take this to the streets. Anyone with me?

***

This year it's been very hard to find a poppie. Once upon a time, veterans were everywhere selling them. Now? It's a rare sighting. What an utter shame. I don't know if it's because they're dying off or companies are refusing them space to place their humble, honorable tables.

Either way, it's sad.

1 comment:

  1. In Longueuil, we could get a poppy at the metro station. In Montreal I did not see a single poppy vendor however besides the coffee vending machine at the MsGill Institute for Learning in Retirement there is a box with poppies and a slit box to put money into.
    However it is true the veterans are dying off and the more recent ones, Korea, Afghanistan and peace keeping missions seem less prone to go the Canadian Legion way.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.