2021-01-31

Sunday Night Pandemic Music

When I was a kid, I spun 52nd Street one lazy afternoon after raiding my sister's albums. 

It's a great album that just oozes New York. 

But years later 'My Life' was a song that would depress me for some reason. It would always come on the radio right at the point in the day that seemed so blah and pointless. Say, Sunday around 3pm and none of your friends were around and you had a test the next day at school you were completely unprepared for.

Now it's 2021 and with our sense of independence and freedom under direct and obvious attack the lyrics to this song have taken a sudden new meaning:

Got a call from an old friend we used to be real close

Said he couldn't go on the American way
Closed the shop, sold a house, bought a ticket to the west coast
Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.
I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore this is my life
Go ahead with your own life leave me alone
I never said you had to offer me a second chance
(I never said you had to)
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
(I never said)
I still belong (still belong)
Don't get me wrong (don't get me wrong)
You can speak your mind but not on my time
They will tell you you can't sleep alone in a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep with somebody else…"

Let's break it down:

I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm alright
I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
I don't care what you say anymore this is my life

These are the perfect lines to hit back at infectious disease experts and politicians. Exactly. It's enough. I'll take care of myself now. I don't need you constantly in my face telling me I need to heed your idiotic demands like masks.  I don't care anymore. It's my life and go live yours.

That goes for all you victim status hounds and whores. Go live your damn life. You're transgender? Good. Go fuck yourself. I don't care. I don't need a damn law to celebrate and elevate you above other citIzens. Boo-hoo-hoo, life is tough. Join the fucken club. And no, it's not fucken easier for 'white people'.

And that's the truth. So again, all of you peddling this ideological identity politics garbage, see this finger? Guess which one it is.

You can speak your mind but not on my time

Exactly. Since when is it ok for people to speak their minds on the company's dime? A prime example of this is that douchebag Colin Kaepernick. Good for fucken you Colin. You found your niche. Ignorance accorded you a nice little living. Now fuck off. Go speak your mind but not on the dime of people who really couldn't care less or don't appreciate your rants you pompous pampered ass. Way to go wrecking your career and making a mockery of a career 99% of guys would kill to have. You're no hero. You're a punk.

I don't need you to worry for me 'cause I'm alright

Word to live by.

This should be our motto in 2021.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.