2020-03-16

Derp-19: Buy Bullets Not Toilet Paper

As a misanthrope and introvert suspicious and skeptical of people in general, my level of distrust temporarily dropped to disgust during this black swan Covid-19 event.

I'm going to reserve judgment about this until this settles down a little. Now is not the time to challenge or question not only authority but people gripped and paralyzed by fear. This will only agitate. Problem is, in calmer times, it will be impossible to point out the over reaction as people will have forgotten or accepted it was warranted.

Do I think this is not serious? Of course not. Just unsure if draconian lockdowns are necessary. I do think, however, these flu viruses popping up are trying to tell us something. What it may be is unclear to me. Just like how it's unclear to me what the connection toiler paper has to this virus.

In any event, in times like these, it should be apparent that it's not toilet paper you will need.

It's bullets.

For your guns.

The people raiding and emptying shelves like a pack of locust are the same ones who will come looking to steal once the state collapses.

Call this paranoid all you want but it's rational to me.

*****

Cancel culture claims another victim.

Head of U.S. soccer Carlos Cordeiros stepped down for recent comments he made about women's soccer not being as physically demanding and skillful as the men's game while not brining in the same money.

No one likes hearing the truth. You have to pretend these days.

The women's game isn't as skillful or tactical or technical as the men.

And they don't bring in more money overall. 

Nor do I like how they threw the men's team under the bus like they have.

The men's program put U.S. soccer on the map.

I'll just let this article do the the talking for me. I've already posted about this in the past and quite frankly not interested in this anymore.

Beat U-15 boys clubs in a consistent basis and then get back to me.

*****

Since I opened that can of worms, unserious women shouldn't be in charge of national defence. At the very least, they should have served their country in order to do so.

*****

I think I'm gonna start a petition to get a stamp honouring Norm MacDonald who is a national treasure in two countries.

*****

Let's revisit the Swine flu.

*****



*****

The economic costs will be enormous. Will it have been worth it?

Precautionary Principle is playing out in front of us.

*****

This is getting weird. The Chinese blaming the U.S. army.

They also screamed, 'pay me now!'

Can't be about shit like this (other than that virology centre in Wuhan), eh?



Everyday I hate the NBA more.

*****

The Democrats are loving and milking this for all it's worth.

Meanwhile, the Surgeon-General has had to come out and tell the media to shut the fuck up about Trump already.

*****

I think I've made my opinion of Bloomberg clear.

That being he's a shithead.

*****

Love the Italians. Without them, Europe is like a garden without flowers.

*****

Speaking of Italy. It's currently a beautiful prison.

But Italians may not go for it for much longer.
Italians just don’t like to follow rules,” said Anna Kraczyna, 52, an Italian professor of language and culture based in Florence. “It’s like it’s embedded in our DNA because we’ve had to obey so many rules throughout the centuries.”
Italians lived under some form of occupation from the fall of the Roman Empire until the country’s unification in 1861, Kraczyna said. A trait called “furbizia,” a type of cleverness and subtle enjoyment derived from breaking the rules, developed as a survival mechanism against the country’s many occupiers.
Yup.

*****

U.S. begins withdrawal from Afghanistan.

*****

The other day I was watching Keanu.

As I watched, I read up on it and came across this little gem from Jordan Peele.

“I don’t see myself casting a white dude as the lead in my movie. Not that I don’t like white dudes. But I’ve seen that movie.”

Replace 'white' with 'black'. Now pretend, say, if a white director had said this. Even in the context that inspired his comment. 

Not hard to see what would happen right?

Even then, he seems to be justifying his racism (like Spike Lee does) under the guise of black not being represented enough. Sure, they're not. Ssssure. 

Hey man, he can hire all the people he wants based on race but I don't have to watch and indeed, in this case, hit the erase button and stopped watching. 

We should call it out for what it is. Discrimination. 

Enough of this crap.

*****

A non-confidence vote should happen to remove Justin Trudeau. He's unfit to govern.

He's weak and disingenuous. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/17/2020

    ★I get paid over $426 1 to 2 hours working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over $28k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing.........► Read More  

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.