2013-04-16

"Who Needs A Pressure Cooker?"

And thus will be calls for pressure cooker control.

Who needs $3 million dollars? Who needs a big house? Who needs a gun?

As I've posted repeatedly over the years, homicide rates have been on the decline in the United States since the 1960s. This report from the Bureau of Justice Statistics covers declining trends from 1980-2008.

Yet.

All the fear-mongering.

But this is what you're up against:

***

I was listening to the Jay Thomas Show today and they were talking about a report - I forget who published it - that discussed the accuracy of firearms discharge from the New York, Los Angeles and Chicago police departments. I believe, off the top of my head, L.A. missed their targets 53% of the time, NYC 65% and Chicago 63% (it could be the other way around with the last two but the figures are correct).

In other words, they miss a lot.

Reminds me of The Flintstones episode where Fred and Barney are chased by jewel thieves.

(Big Sparkle is trying to shoot a can off Shorty's head) 
Big Sparkle: Hold still, Shorty.
Shorty: Eh, b-b-but s-suppose you miss.
Big Sparkle: Shut up. I never miss.
(Fires gun, Shorty falls)
Lenko: You missed.
Big Sparkle: So I did. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

Bah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.