2013-04-14

Trudeau Elected

The day he became a media darling following his father's eulogy, I wrote here on this blog and also told my wife that the Liberals would not resist Justin Trudeau.

80% of the party elected him.

More drama than substance coming. 

Am I the only one who thinks this is strictly a move by the Liberals to try and recapture votes? I gotta tell ya, it's gotta be because I ain'ts seen much to suggest he's got the real goods.

Shit. The prospect of a (albeit possibly temporary) Trudeau-Obama alliance makes me want to sit on a rocking chair with my shot gun on my lap waving everyone along.

"Keep moving along..."

/stares.

Anyway.

I don't think Trudeau, believe me now (spoken in an Arnold voice and accent), will be able to revive the Liberal brand. I think the Conservatives can deal with him.

The NDP may revert to the mean (their historical place) and the Liberals will likely see some improvements here and there but not plus que ca. As for the Green Party, even less relevant if its leader Elizabeth May continues to act a like a colonial-girl-child by contacting the Queen to intervene in Canadian politics.

Quite possibly the dumbest move in Canadian politics in a long time. Aside, of course, anything the Parti-Quebecois does. They've cornered that market.

1 comment:

  1. Liberals seem to believe in aristocracies.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.