2011-06-06

PQ Stars Go Independent

Three Parti Quebecois heavyweights have defected from the party and gone independent.

First off, Quebec politics doesn't do "independent." We're not a free society.

Second, they split because democracy was bypassed as a result of the tender process for an arena.

This coming from people (Beaudoin and Curzi in particular) who wouldn't think twice to trample on the civil liberties of all citizens subverting them to the "will of the cultural majority."

Something tells me something deeper is at work here.

As David Spade once said on SNL: Buh-bye.

***

I hired a Ukranian immigrant to help me out with my garden work. I did most of it on my own but during the week I have no time and risked losing my cedars. So, for 60 bucks he finished the job. One day the government will come after these private transactions looking for what's not really theirs to begin with: Our money.

I digress.

He asked me in broken French why I spoke English. I gave him a brief 30 second crash course as to why (something Quebecers don't seem to know why either). He asked me if there was a way for him to send his child somewhere to learn English. I told him the private side was his probably his best shot but even then, the cultural zealots would probably stop him. If there's one thing they hate is immigrants learning English.

Meanwhile, the politicians send their kids to English or American schools.

He stopped and said in French, "it's communism. Not freedom."

He's from the Ukraine.

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.