2011-06-01

Latest Dumb Company: Reno

We had to buy some air conditioners for my daycare today. As usual, I visited the three main hardware stores (Home Depot, Ro-Na and Reno), Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart to compare prices.

Given the competition, you'd figure a company would want to ensure they get every sale they can get, right?

Not in Quebec they don't.

Not at Reno anyway. Spotted one of those insane 'Ici on Commerce en Francais' stickers. In their petty minds, it makes sense. To me, it doesn't. The more I see those stickers sprout up, the more it strengthen my resolve. As if my money ain't green.

$600 later, the competition is all happy.

Welcome to Quebec, where culture takes precedence over everything including common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.