2011-05-03

We Did What?

Man, this is going to be interesting.

It's ok, Layton will blame the Tories for his decision to nominate people with so little experience - four McGill students suddenly will be part of the opposition.

Nothing beats Ruth Ellen Brosseau, an assistant manager in a pub who was put on a ballot in a French-speaking riding even though she can barely speak the language. She did what any dedicated professional does in such matters. Rather than campaign and build credibility, she split for Vegas.

And won!

*Shakes head*

As bad as the Liberals are, the NDP are rank amateurs.

I hope they prove me wrong.

***

Back to Quebec electing the NDP. The problem is that despite the 102 seats, the Conservatives how more power than before and the NDP can't threaten them with a coalition thus limiting what they can possibly do. In many ways, it's a symbolic election in that Quebec gets large representation as official opposition.

***

You know, I just realized that most of the time I never had an MP I supported. My vote always went to the party but the candidate in my riding was usually Bloc. In other words, I was NEVER represented.

Some system.

No wonder there's a democratic deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.