2010-06-15

You Are Always On My Mind

The British tabloid press, frothed and foamed with the usual hysterics, needed to find a reason - if not scapegoat - to explain how keeper Robert Green mishandled a ball that eneded up in the net against the United States in a World Cup match.

They found it. Here in Canada. He dated a model who dumped him. Apparently, he's the reason he messed up.

Good grief. God save not just the Queen but England too if this is how they view things.

Meanwhile, French player Patrice Evra, not to be outdone, blamed the vuvuzela for France's scoreless draw against Uruguay.

Right.

Blame this. Blame that. It's a blame culture.

Look, the vuvuzela is annoying. I know. My mother called me asking me if my TV was working because hers was making a loud buzzing sound. I explained to her what it was but remained unconvinced. "I'm calling Radio-Canada!"

As for the vuvuzela itself, people who want it banned are being silly. This is all part of the South African experience. Bunch of babies.

The Canadian chick and the South African horn are strawmen for two teams who couldn't overcome their opponents.

Suck it up and win your next match lads.

For Robert Green:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.