2009-08-20

YOU SAVE!

Been away. I know. Busy.

But I did find time for this.

Lately, I've observed a disturbing trend in our discourse regarding health care costs. We keep hearing about how we need to do this to one segment of the population and need to do that to another all in the name of cost cutting.

It made me think about online bookstores. Whenever you click on a book you see information regarding its content, price etc. You also see something like, with your Rewards card YOU SAVE 30%!

Macabre as it may sound, but I envisioned a similar scenario for health. Imagine a section on a medical website that tracks deaths in order to measure savings.

Randy La Tournado. Died. Age 43. Heart attack. Weight 300lbs. Smoker. YOU, WE SAVE 22%. We won't have to pay for his habit for another 44 years! Instead, he had the decency to die earlier and this means a net savings per household of roughly $1000!

What will YOU do with YOUR SAVINGS!

I'll be back soon enough with other stuff.

I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.