2009-08-10

Practice Your Critical Abilities

I love this site. The name is simple enough: Bad Arguments.

It helps to sharpen your skills in pointing out weaknesses in an argument.

In case you're wondering, I did very well in the practice section. I've oft considered making this blog exactly that: A site that analyzes gaps of logic in the media. The problem is there's just too much of it. If I would write about every suspect article, I wouldn't eat.

For example, not to single them out, but I read the NY Times and find many offenses - but to sit and work them out and then write about it would be too time consuming. I do comment on some stuff from time to time but after a while it gets irritating (and boring) reading some of their columnists. And their not the only ones.

I'm not suggesting I'm better. Heaven knows I breakdown from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.