2009-07-10

Saku Koivu Moves On


And good for him I say. He left everything on the ice, game in and game out. Which is more than you can say than some Habs players over the years including Alex Kovalev who fans obsess over for some reason.

The way parts of the media treated this guy he's better off on a legitimate Stanley Cup contender. I will be pulling for Anaheim this year. Well, I do have three Ducks in my keeper pool so...

***

I haven't been impressed with the Montreal Canadiens (classiest organization in hockey my foot. They know how to throw a good ceremony though) all that much in recent years. For me, the best sports organization in Montreal are the Montreal Alouettes. The Als are like the Texas Rangers (the top organization according to Baseball America. Reminds me of the Montreal Expos) and Detroit Red Wings combined in that they're proactive and always properly develop, scout and sign the right players.

Speaking of signing the right players, it remains to be seen if the bold 360 Bob Gainey has pulled will pay off.

2 comments:

  1. I don't care much about the spoiled babies professional sportsmen and women have become. However I will remember Koivu for his fight against cancer and his social engagement thereafter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here but there's a story in how the Canadiens operate.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.