2009-07-11

Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog Makes Me Want To Sing - And Take Over The World As A Mad Scientist

I already blog so, singing and devising a sinister plot to conquer the planet is all I need to cover.

I'm one of those guys who walks right past the blockbuster releases in a video store and into the mercurial world of independent flicks and B-movies. I look for the diamonds in the rough so to speak.

In the past, I would just go to a repertoire video but parking in the city is annoying and Montreal's traffic has become unbearable. It's "Guess which street we closed down!" every time I get behind the wheel. A place that normally takes 20 minutes to get to can now reach 35.

Still. I should renew the membership as regular places like Blockbuster don't always cut it for me.

With all this useless backdrop firmly planted in your minds, I can now get to my point. I rented a film called "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long blog." Man, woohaa, it was entertaining stuff. While most would not think of Neil Patrick Harris as being funny, lemme just say he's brilliant. Dare I say under rated in the comedy genre?

The film was made during the WGA writers' strike in 2008 and was distributed to an internet audience. Amazing what can be produced in times of uncertainty, eh?

I enjoyed the scene with Penny and Doc at the 'Coin Wash.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.