2014-03-22

Some Canadian Flavor To March Madness ; Dodgers-D-Backs In Sydney; Sixers Sinking

Watching some NCAA basketball and discovered there are 33 Canadians playing. I think that's the most this country has sent to the tournament. I remember back when they were bench players hardly getting playing time. Now we see Canadians on the starting five roster and some capable of going first overall in the NBA draft like Andrew Wiggins.

Good for basketball in Canada.

If only we could replicate this with the men's senior soccer team.

***

The L.A. Dodgers and Arizona Diamond Backs are starting their season on the road. Literally. The two teams are playing a two-game series in Sydney, Australia.

The Dodgers took the first game and are currently leading in game two.

Fun fact:

Average age in Sydney?

37.

That's young.

***

The over/under in Vegas for the Philadelphia 76ers at the start of the season was set at 16. The Sixers looked poised to breeze past that total at 15-30.

Since then, they've lost 24 in a row.

The people who took the over are sweating right about now.

If I were conspiratorial, I'd wonder about all this.

13 games left to play.

***

I'm doing okay in my NCAA pools. Wasn't that into UNC, Syracuse and Duke going into the tournament but I still picked them to go to at least the Sweet 16 against my better judgment. Other than that, as usual, the Mercers of this world come out of nowhere. In fact, I'm not sure why I didn't take Michigan to go deeper than Duke.

Whatever. My final four remains in tact for now: Michigan St., Louisville, Florida, Arizona.  In another I replaced Florida with Kansas. However, I have Michigan St. and Louisville in the final with Louisville taking it all. In another pool, I went with Florida. It was a tough call between them and Kansas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.