2013-06-12

Carrey Shunned

I couldn't care less about this story (even though I liked Dumb and Dumber). And didn't consider it much of a story (I'm sure scripts get turned down a lot) until I read the comments. Seems like people unanimously feel Jim Carrey's anti-gun video mocking southern folk and gun owners offended the crap out of people.

And probably not just southerners but all law-abiding gun owners who have flexed their muscles in light of the gun-control debate.

Did that video really impact negatively Carrey's career especially in terms of marketing?

Personally, when I saw the video I wondered what the heck he thought he was going to accomplish by denigrating people like that with such tripe generalizations.

Bah.

1 comment:

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.