2013-02-17

T.C's Espresso Machine

The Commentator family would like to announce and welcome to our family La Pavoni Domus Bar espresso machine.

I finally got a chance to buy a new espresso/cappuccino machine after 11 good years with my Saeco.

We had a small ceremony in honor of 'Sacki' and tossed her into a box forever banished. Exiled like Cicero.

The Pavoni I purchased has a neat 'art-deco' bar look to it. I placed my rossoneri AC Milan cup on top of it and it makes a nice clash with the stainless steal. I'm all about aesthetics sometimes.


The cost was a reasonable $850. Not bad for a well-constructed with main body (chassis) being made of polished steel and the interior parts (ie heater and hydraulic parts) importantly made of brass. I say that because many machines are actually made with plastic. If you're looking for a machine make sure it's made with brass parts.

The problem is, once the sales tax was figured into the price, it swelled to $977. $127 in taxes is outrageous.

No wonder I keep shopping in Quebec to a minimum. When you add up 15% each time you're giving away (more like confiscating) way too much of hard earned income. People should really condition themselves to factor this in whenever they debate whether taxes are too high - especially those who somehow defend higher taxes.

15% is an absurd and totally unacceptable amount.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.