2013-02-25

Really? Oscars Jump The Largest Shark On Record

"Hey, babe. The economy is pretty shitty these days and I just pulled a stunt scaring the shit out of people about this sequestration but I totally believe my policies (heh), and gamemanship is going to pay off for my legacy, make that the people. So would you mind not showing up at the Oscars? It might, you know, look bad. I think a certain Presidential decorum needs to be maintained, or some shit like that. No? You waited all your life to stick it to the people? Yeah, I see what you mean. Knock 'em dead, babe. I'll be waiting in satin and slippers smoking when you come home. We're the coolest Prez couple evah! Peace."

I didn't watch The Oscars. I still don't know what won best picture. But when I ripped open the computer I was surprised by the appearance of Michelle Obama.

Really? The Oscars asked a First Lady to present a shitty award?

Wonder if liberal pundits will rail against Michelle's expensive dress as they did with Ann Romney.

Commenter in threads on Reason:

"At some point I will cease being surprised by how base and lowest-common-denominator political culture really is, but inviting the obnoxious wife of a glamorous, economically illiterate killer into an incestuous industry-only circle jerk is a new low that even I couldn't foresee."

2 comments:

  1. I watched as much of it as I could stomach. Trust me, it was just about the worst Oscar telecast ever. And Seth MacFarlane had to be the absolute worst Oscar host ever. There was a time years ago when I actually cared about and anticipated the Oscar awards. No more. It's meaningless Hollywood insider bullshit. Who cares who won or lost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish the Academy would issue an award for "worst picture" and "worst performance by an actor/actress". But I will not hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.