2012-08-11

Silly Plastic Bag Fiesta Taco Special

Three of the six grocery stores I shop at are owned by Italians and Lebanese. Aside from offering products not sold in the main grocery chains, they also haven't taken to the plastic bag hysteria.

When I go to a main chain now they'll literally leave you going out without a bag unless you ask for one - or several. Assessing how many you need is an irritating new reality in shopping. Usually, I low ball it. For example, if I know I need closer to 10 bags, I ask for 7. I then ask for the other three - sorry! I missed counted! - because they usually don't charge after you've paid.

It's a stupid process given that the majority of food is packaged with plastic.

But hey, the "green" revolution is here.

Not in the ethnic places though where they practically use one (free) bag per item. And thank God for that! They, like me, have no time for bull shit. Bag 'em and fuck off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.