2009-05-24

I Can Relate To These Guys


Just watched the "Creature from the black lagoon" from 1954. Classic monster or sci-fi movies are always a joy to research. Did you know the actor who played the creature on land, Ben Chapman, (as well as Perry Lopez) died in 2008? Ricou Browning, who played the "Gill-Man" in the water scenes, is still alive. As far as I can tell, Julia Adams is the only surviving cast member.

I remember in an episode of "Robot Chicken" the Gill-Man is quoted as saying, "I prefer to be called an African-American Gill-man".

As I watched the movie, I expressed "I totally get the Gill-man". Earlier, I had also confessed I understood Jack Nicholson's character (Mr. Udall) in "As good as it gets". Particularly when he said "it's so hard talking this way" or something like that in the restaurant scene with Helen Hunt. I may not be as "obsessive" as he was but I'm not to far off. Small talk causes me great discomfort, I always watch what I touch and don't want any compliments. I never need a "thank you" for anything either.

Oh, man. This was supposed to be a post about a movie. It ended up being a little more...lucky youz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.