2008-04-09

Looking For Electronics?

My good friend called me the other day. “Commentator, I need a website to compare cameras fast. I have no time to look for it.”

He runs a million dollar company so I knew he wasn’t being lazy.

True story.

When I had to renew my passport a few years back, I needed someone who was authorized to sign my passport. My friend qualified because he’s an engineer. One of things asked on the paperwork was how long we knew each other. At the time it was 24 years. Imagine that and we were only 34!

The next day the government called my friend. It seems that 24 years was an improbability to them. He didn’t know what to say except that it was true. They also called me. I told them “you think that’s crazy? I have another close buddy whom I’ve known for over 30 years!”

It all ended well.

Anyway, what he needed was a website to do some comparative shopping. My brother mentioned Digxa to me. I ended up spending 45 minutes on the site. I own a Nikon camera and was curious to see what Digxa had on them. I went through all 72 listings.

The neat thing about it is that it not only offers you ratings from its own site but others like Amazon, Photoalley and Ritz Camera as well – to name a couple. So users get a full global picture of that the rating is like about the camera they are considering. What more, if you find the camera you like at the price you want, you can click and go straight to the site or store you want to buy it from.

Digxa doesn’t just list cameras. It covers home and garden, clothes, kids and toys, electronics, jewelry and all the subheadings within. For example, home and garden includes tableware, appliances as well as other accessories. There are literally thousands – at least that’s what my eye perceives – of items to compare.

It’s pretty straight forward and easy to use.

As usual, I look for that contact page and there it was at the bottom of the page. No need to go out searching for it with a flash light.

My friend called me back and told me he found what he needed in 15 minutes.

No commission was forthcoming.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.