2008-01-18

The WTF post of the week

I tend to shy away from calling out blogs or journalists to be called out lest I get into a blogging shouting match. Not good for business.

Besides, everyone is entitled to an opinion - I suppose. Sigh.

The internet is filled with blogs that leave me scratching my head. Though I don't literally scratch my head. It's more of a self-muttering "wha?"

Political blogs in particular drive all kinds of traffic. An apparent axiom to blogging success is ensure quality of content. Quite frankly, I haven't found this to be necessarily true. In fact, in many cases the opposite is true. Pure drivel'n crap equals high ratings.

Not that I'm a good judge of things. Whenever I watch court TV, I am reminded of this.

Plaintiff: "Your Honour, the defendants dog attacked...blah, blah...boring."
Me: "Right. I see. I...see. Do you have a contract?"
Plaintiff: "For a dog bite?"

Such digressions make these posts longer than they should be.

Sometimes some posts are so bad they are easy to judge. To get to the point, here's one of those absurd political posts I come across every now and then - and there have been many. I mean, ok, you dislike Ronny Reagan but the rationale and the general incoherence of the argument makes you wonder.

I am aware many people are too lazy to click links so here's part of the comment:

"Reagan was a psychotic man who nearly blew up the world and used paranoia and fear to change our culture and government in horrible ways. He also wasn't particularly popular, though as a politician, he's worth admiring for his raw political skill. Conservative ideology is based on greed and fear. There's no such thing as a good conservative leader, period. It is a fundamentally bankrupt, corrupt, and fraudulent ideology, and there is nothing laudable about people like Reagan who tap into the worst of America."

Wha?

To assert this, of course, can imply (and there is no reason to think this is what is assumed by the author) that Liberalism are the exact opposite. Insert the light of ray of hope here. Phooey.

This guy is going places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.