2008-01-24

For The Love Of God Do It For The Children! Oh, Won't You Please?

Yesterday we took my daughter to "Build-A-Bear." We had a gift certificate so...

When we got to the store it was oddly closed. Typical. As we stood around wondering why a store should be closed in a mall at 11am on Wednesday, I noticed two people sitting on a bench looking at us while we spoke. I headed over to the information booth and the kindly old gal told me that the gate opened was not operating.

Now that's a first. Anyway, no big deal. It is what it is.

So, we took off and went on with our lives. Following lunch my unit decided to go back and see if the doors open. They were working on it. Nice, progress.

This time I noticed the same to workers sitting on the bench. Only I was closer than earlier that day. We zeroed in on the uniforms they were wearing. It read: Build A Bear.

Now, you would figure that one of these fine, diligent employees would have walked up to us to explain what was going on the first time around. Nothing. They just sat on the bench like a couple of dimwits justifying why they earn six bucks an hour. All while watching a two-year old process the turn of events and stare at some dolls she could not reach.

Show some pride in the uniform! Do something!

There's no sense of anything among some people.

Since I am on a service rant I will discuss the restaurant business in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.