2013-09-26

Where's My Subsidy?

I think this will be a new installment and invite anyone (I really have to clean out those cobwebs) who feels they deserve a subsidy to mention it.

I'll start.

I like organic food. Where's my subsidy for that? Or at least a tax credit? I mean, the government should encourage healthy eating, amiright?

I also enjoy eating in fancy restaurants. It's unfair that someone (who has a living wage I deserve) can afford to and not me. It's just not fair. I propose a subsidy. Say, $100? Am I not entitled to a fancy piece of succulent filet mignon? I meant, people with EBT cards in the U.S. stock their carriages less with staples and more with luxury food items. I want the government to equalize things.

***

It's madness out there.

Thank God for people like Angela Merkel and her libertarianish stance on personal responsibility.

"You will never hear from the Christian Democratic Union party when you should eat meat and when you shouldn't," Merkel said to loud applause from her supporters and campaign workers in the Tempodrom theater.
"I grew up in a Christian house. We didn't eat meat on Fridays. I think every restaurant should have a vegetarian dish, but we are a party confident people can manage their own lives," the German prime minister added. "We are confident people will live a reasonable life and we don't want to deprive them of this opportunity."

Amen to that.

People - liberals mostly - will blink blindly and wonder what is so wrong with Michelle Obama's plan to have people eat better?

Nothing. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The problem is she uses state coercion to compel people to eat the way she feels they should eat.

If she were just lending her name and advocating for better nutrition appealing to people to voluntarily do so, then all the power to her and I would even support her.

That she forced cafeterias to serve healthy options that go to waste, I cannot support.

It's simply not the place of the government. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.