2013-09-26

Heroes! Chess As A Gateway To Violence

It's kinda ironic that chess board confiscations (no, you read right) can happen in an uber-liberal town like San Francisco. I just find it interesting is all.

I'm surprised they haven't gunned down any of these strategists. I can just picture SWAT busting up chess boards like little hoodlums.

Now underground chess clubs will spring up all over town at which point the government will pass an ordinance demanding they have permits to play.

Laugh. We're not that far from some moronic politician or bureaucrat from proposing something along those lines. I mean, you know, for the children.

****

Meanwhile, here in Montreal some municipalities have put pianos in parks. It's nice to listen to the piano when played properly.

I see trouble up ahead.

It's less enjoyable when a pain in the ass three year-old bangs on it - and we all know parents will allow that. That's when the complaints will come in unfortunately and we'll be hearing on the news how it had become too noisy for people wanting a quiet stroll in the park.

It's a matter of time someone will take offense to Schubert wondering why Chopin is not played more often in parks. Then that person will protest and ask the government for more Chopin.

I exaggerate of course but hey, how far fetched is it really? I mean. didn't we just see a woman in Manitoba ask the government regulate water temperatures for tea?

Right now, the general mindset is "the government will take care of things" and so I don't blame people for making 311 calls (that's my imaginary emergency government number) to help them out in civil matters.

Our instincts are less "we ought to" or "I ought to" and more "the government ought to." 

Bah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.