2013-03-22

Tales From Yokel Quebec

Just came back from an event. It's amazing how many people are disgusted with the situation in Quebec. The stories I heard were quite infuriating.

One story was about an agent for Payless Shoes based in Kansas. Someone was relaying how the first thing that came out of the agents mouth when he found out the person telling the story was from Montreal was, "Quebec? Language police, huh?" He went on to explain how they had to change their entire software for Quebec after ONE complaint. Needless to say, Quebec was the butt end of jokes.

Personally, I don't know why A) companies comply and B) why bother with the hassle for 7 million people. Keep hassling companies and I think they'll come to the same conclusion. Already Wal-Mart and Costco are showing their impatience.

Another one, was told by someone who was walking their dog in Montreal West and was told and lectured to speak to their dog in French.

I kid you not.

And my personal favorite was about the insufferable Bernard Landry. Seems he was asked by someone, en anglais, to move his car. He responded in French "this is Quebec speak to me in French." The person didn't and proceeded to repeat him to move his ass in English.

Good for him. I'd shake his hand. To be honest, I can't say I wouldn't do the same. There's no way in hell I'd speak to a Pequiste in French - just to rag them. I have so little respect for them.

Ironically, a person listening to this story is originally from Spain. Apparently, Landry speaks Spanish well, but English is a problem. Yeah right. These yokels aren't prejudicial. Right.

Anyway, she ain't impressed by them - at all. They completely miss the point of what constitutes being a real, strong culture.

The shit they pull is an outright embarrassment.

She came to the same conclusion as me. Her kids, out. Education elsewhere. Opportunity elsehwere. No interest here. Why? So my kid can bump into the Bernie Landry's of this world and be treated like it's fucking Nazi Germany?

Fuck 'em.

As one guy put it, "the shittiest state in the USA is better than Quebec these days. I just came back from Georgia and couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by what I saw."

No kidding. Georgia is far more progressive than the spoon lickers in the PQ.

Anyway.

The next fight should be about how they don't have ANY right to tell ANYONE to speak ANY language. We made international headlines. We need to keep the pressure up.

It seems these are the stories I keep hearing now. And most are being told in front of French-Canadians. One person, from Croatia, even said "I'm looking to argue now I'm so angry."

Terrible what the PQ do.

Awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.