2013-03-13

Revenue Quebec Rant

I hate calling RevenuE Quebec.

It's one of the last places in the Quebec bureaucracy universe that hasn't evolved.

Agents there still use words like "patente" (a slang word roughly translated as "thing") and tend to let it be known they lose patience with you with subtle sighs.

Heaven forbid someone there speaks a little English. J'amais!

I fucking hate it. It's unprofessional.

Anyway, they send me literature in French (which I never read. I just let my book keeper and accountant that stuff since my language is such a problem for them) including the recent "Guide du releve 1."

That Quebec was allowed to collect its own taxes still irks me. Mostly because we pay income taxes on TWO levels. It's obscene.

It irks me because they take my tax money and turn around and give it to prejudicial bureaucracies like the OLF.

Apparently, money knows no language when it suits them.

Which is why I reject their "contribue a l'avenir de notre societe" line. Aside from its communistic overtones, I never agreed to what they define as "our society." I don't want my money going to fund, for example, "free" post-secondary education.

'Notre' clearly means 'theirs' and that we're merely 'renting' the joint from them.

Just keeping it real.

Just my small way of sending a middle finger. I'm pretty sure many people feel like me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.