2013-03-02

Ghettoizing Quebec A-La Parti Quebecois

"Hey, we're the majority and the minority and we can do what we want, why can't you understand?" Nationalist sock puppet.

I remember back in the 1980s when sitting wench Louise Beaudoin used to go around telling us "we're 82% of the population, it's only normal we want things done in French."

More spookier words couldn't be spoken. Even back then we understood the PQ wouldn't stop and wouldn't stop there.

We're told "don't worry, they're a dying breed and this is just a reactionary moment you're seeing." Perhaps, but at what cost?

If Bill 14 passes, it goes on the books. Even though Quebec already lags badly on so many indicators on the continent most notably business enterprise, we're going to maintain the mentality enshrined in law that got us in this backward mess?

Nah.

They have no right to make Quebec a basket case - majority or not.

The PQ think we're fucking stupid. We know what their end game is but we were powerless and too fragmented to do anything about it. The old Alliance Quebec whithered away thanks to ridicule (on the French side) and apathy (on the English-speaking side). I think we're seeing a revival that includes every single major community.

The strange thing is French has never been stronger - although I think it's a paper tiger because its driven by draconian laws rather than a real inner-driven desire to protect French. Enrollment in French schools from minorities who speak English has never been higher. The thinking is simple: Give my kid an edge in Quebec. My kid will speak not only two language, he or she will speak better French than the Quebecers themselves. Ethnics are ambitious and proud you know.

Funny thing happened on the way. The PQ said it's not enough. People are now rethinking that strategy and deciding more and more, fine, screw Quebec. My kid is going elsewhere which is what I'm doing. She'll take her language skills abroad. I refuse to have her tied down by a bunch of hicks.

My French friends seem fixated on the notion there are people who live in Quebec and have been here for years and can't speak a lick of French.

So fucking what I tell them? Are you that weak to feel threatened by what amounts to an insignificant amount of people? Who knows why they can't? Who are we to judge? If they choose to, they isolate themselves. Plenty of people manage to get by without learning local languages. English ex-pats are famous for living in Italy or Spain without learning local languages. It is what it is.

You can't use that as a reason to suppress other languages. It's up to us to take the high road.

Not only that, the dirty little secret that's never covered is Quebec Inc. Quebec Inc. is a sorta unwritten social rule not unlike the segregationist south whereby only Francophones will be appointed to positions of power - think Police Chief, Hydro-Quebec and the like.

It's a miracle Applebaum was named Mayor (given the strong anti-semitic leanings of French-Canadian nationalists) but notice the shock among some French commentators.

It's no wonder ethnics are so strong in entrepreneurship. It's the only real avenue available to them free of any stench of prejudice.

Even then, the OLF lurks behind.

Which brings me to Jean-Francois Lisee.

He the appointed "Anglo-minister"

How paternalistic arrogant and ignorant of the PQ to do this.

I'm not 'Anglo' for starters. Right, the fascists in the Quebec nationalist ranks labelled me 'Allophone.' I'm neither French or English. Ergo, a third grouping!

Fucking idiots. That's why I never use the shitty, anti-liberty terms.

Anyway.

They're gonna listen to our concerns?

When do I get to fall on my knees and kiss their knuckles?

Please. I don't think so. I can just picture The Hobbit leader of the PQ addressing us in enlightened tongue about our plight.

A sheep in wolf's clothing.

And bad ones at that.

We don't need Lisee. I certainly couldn't care less about him. I need to listen to him on the radio like I need Si from Duck Dynasty cooking my beans.

What's next on the agenda from the geniuses on the PQ Death Star? Reservations for 'les autres?'

It's a ploy to ghettoize the English language.

I think they're biting off more than they can chew.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.