2012-07-09

Universal Public Health Debate In The Internet Age

Watching the Obamacare debate down south makes me wonder what it could have been like if Canada had its debate on universal care during the internet age.

I doubt the full facts were ever disclosed when Canada decided to introduce and make mandatory public health. I still find it incredible that where people may have had a choice were weeded right out of the equation in search for an "egalitarian system."

I don't know if there was a vigorous debate since it happened decades ago. There are on-going debates for sure, but I want to know the origins and context that led to such a decision.

I've come across some periodicals that discussed it (physicians warning of out of control costs, shortages, rationing etc.) but never could find more detailed information. I would have to go dig up newspaper articles in library archives. Come to think of it, I'm somewhat curious enough to do that. I find it hard to believe it didn't have oppostion and if it did, were those apprehensions accurate or inaccurate?

I want to know what the conditions in Canada were like with a dispassionate, objective eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.