2012-07-17

Romney Plays With Obama's Words

I don't get the need to pull a quote out of context to make a point.

For example. In my last post, I did the best I could in refuting Obama's "we're all in this together" philosophy. But I did so using his exact words.

I don't know why Romney couldn't do the same when he attacked Obama by saying:

"He said this: ‘If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,’” Romney said, quoting Obama from a campaign stop in Virginia last week. “That somebody else is government in his view.”

Not quite.

What Obama said was:

Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that.
Seems to me this assertion on its own is enough to question. There's really no need to edit it for political purposes.

That "somebody" of course is you, the taxpayer. So it's circular logic employed by Obama. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.