2008-03-12

Innovation: We Speak Of It But Do We Understand It?

A friend of mine just called me. We talked about some recent happenings at his work (my former employer) that left him perplexed. It seems the higher beings who hold all the keys to power demoted a highly respected person for one department and promoted a questionable individual for another.

Welcome to corporatilitis sclerosis. A condition that grips many mature corporations sinking without an original thought or idea.

None of this surprised me however it never ceases to amaze. Talented people are always overlooked. In-house, political nepotism driven by tribal insecurities always tend to reign in such places. It's why I got out. I never had a chance. Trust me, if I had my way...

Please forgive them Lord for they know not what they do.

In all fairness, they are not taught or trained to seek or spot innovative minds. Hiring practices remain mired in old-style techniques good for the 1970s and 1980s. Just who are these people reading resumes anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.