2008-03-12

How Useful Is LinkedIn?

I joined LinkedIn a few years ago following an invitation. I never really worked on growing my network preferring to let people ask to join mine. Essentially, LinkedIn is a huge network of professionals linking to one another. At last count, it had 20 million registered users. I imagine someone, somewhere is benefiting from it.

Personally, this has not been the case for me. Through my contacts, I perused profiles that matched mine or interested me for various projects.

Of three people I attempted to contact exactly three did not bother to respond or to at least establish some form of communication.

Which begs the question: why be on it if you don't respond?

It reminds me of journalists who become bloggers. Many times, they post but don't interact with people who take the time to comment on their blogs. Somehow the point of blogging is lost on them.

This has been my experience so far. I wonder if other people on LinkedIn feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.