2019-10-04

Quebec Mississippi North: We Need To Talk

Ah. I see Quebec is still allergic to English and spends energy with backward stupidities.

Soooo tired of this nonsense. Whenever I see politicians pandering to a nationalist base on such an issue it makes me wonder why they risk making Quebec look like Mississippi North (no disrespect to Mississippi as I hear - and have seen - the deep south is fast evolving. Rather it's a play on what the south (ahem, under Dixiecrats, used to be like) for that demographic. Is it that key to the future of this province? Really? Saying 'hi' threatens Quebec? It doesn't say much for the strength of the culture, no?

Of course, I don't believe the average Quebecer agrees but every couple of years I have to chime in with this tiresome and stale fake issue.

Personally, the province has way more important matters to attend to and wasting time on this only takes energy away from tackling those issues. My perception is opportunities for my daughter are simply limited. In this way, I Look forward to kicking my daughter outta of this province and finding peace of mind - and real opportunities. I don't think expanding bike lanes and building condos garners too much confidence for the economy here.

Monreal: Where urban granolas rule, condos are our idea of economic growth and look to legislate how we speak to each other.

That's a winning combo right there.

It's strange. I live in a world where I pretend to not be part of Quebec. If they don't like my language and feel the need to do this, then why should I care or bleed for Quebec?

Sure. Play this stupid game Quebec. Where I can, I spend my money in the United States where they, you know, respect me. I can't imagine any private business liking this measure. They're already squeezed by an absurdly high sales tax (among the highest in North America), relentless construction and of course online shopping. The latter is especially something the damn government needs to understand when they implicate themselves in matters of private interest and business. People like me, as noted above, simply do their shopping at Amazon and in U.S. outlets. In fact, where I can, I shop in the USA. I will, as a matter of principle, gladly do so.

That's me silently acting as a free consumer.

What Quebecers don't grasp, in addition is this sort of thing doesn't exist anywhere in the West. It's essentially illegal to do in Europe (and Europe isn't exactly a good model these days) and in the United States. That is, it falls under discrimination - in this case, language.

Know what I do now? I just speak English. I never ever was this sort of person being perfectly trilingual but you know....I do it because fuck you. I'm just expressing myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.