2012-02-19

Who Says Advertising Doesn't Work?

A while back I was in the process of selecting among many different types of soap. One of the brands up for my dollars was Old Spice. With its "Smell better than yourself" line, I figured why not? The hygiene-humor fusion is a winner for me. Plus it was on special.

I bought a Hand+Body 2 in 1 soap mostly because of what was written on the back of the bottle:

Cleans hair, cleans body, then wails on its specs.

Does its job, then drives away in a sports car.

Forces your body to smell great, even when it doesn't want to.

How could you not buy it after reading that?

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen Old Spice in soap form. Is it just a Canadian thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in shampoo form. I confuse the two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's easy to do these days. Is Old Spice just for old guys? I've used their deodorant for years, even when I wasn't so old. I also have to add it really attracted the ladies.

      Delete
  3. I don't know. They seem to be going after a younger market now. It ain't Aqua Velva. Remember those commercials with Pete Rose?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.